Please use the information below to support you and your family when keeping safe on the Internet at home.
- Keep the computer in a family room rather than a child’s bedroom.
- Stay in touch with what your children are doing by spending time with them whilst they are on-line.
- Make being on-line a family activity.
- Make sure you know what sites your child uses.
- Should you become aware of the presence of unsuitable material, report this immediately to the National Society For The Prevention of Cruelty to children (NSPCC) on 0808 8005000 or the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP)
- Use your own Internet provider to block and restrict websites.
- Go to ‘control panel’ and ‘parental controls’ to manually set up your own restrictions for each user.
Children in school are taught to:
- Ask before using the internet.
- Only use websites that the teacher allows them to.
- Click the ‘X’ to close the web page, if they find themselves somewhere that they do not know.