At Orchard Lea Infant School, we believe that all children are entitled to a broad and balanced curriculum and to enjoy their early years.
We seek to meet their needs by working together in a happy, secure and stimulating environment.
We value each child and the contribution they make to the school.
Aims of the School:
- To give continued high priority to raising the standard and quality of teaching and learning.
- To encourage independent learning
- To develop the children’s self-confidence and awareness of their own abilities through celebration and praise
- To provide opportunities and encourage the children to develop self-discipline, concentration and perseverance
- To develop self-respect and tolerance for each other, including courtesy and good manners
- To encourage respect of books, equipment and the environment
- To establish a good relationship between school, home and the community and to foster parental interest and co-operation
- To keep parents informed about school activities through regular newsletters and through the school website
- To keep parents informed about children’s progress through parent teacher meetings and annual reports
- To promptly bring to the parent’s attention any other concerns or problems that might affect children’s work or behaviour
- To encourage parents to come to Celebration assemblies, Share and celebrate sessions, Stay and Play sessions and curriculum information events
Please use this section to find out about our School Curriculum and how you may help your child with Maths and Phonics. There is also a useful links section where you can have some fun to help with your child’s learning.