Orchard Lea Infant School Vision
Growing together to achieve and succeed.
We strive to prepare everyone at Orchard Lea Infant School to become lifelong learners ready to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
In partnership with families and community, our goal is to create relevant learning opportunities both inside and outside the classroom that help children to develop the knowledge, critical thinking skills, which include our ‘Learning Powers’, (resourceful, reflective, resilience, and reciprocal), and cultivate their character necessary to succeed.
Our children will have success for today and be prepared for tomorrow.
We believe that LEARNING is most effective when:
- self esteem is high,
- the child is at the centre,
- children know what they are learning and why,
- success is celebrated,
- children are able to work both co-operatively and independently,
- there is progression and continuity which builds upon previous experiences,
- the curriculum is differentiated and children are working at an appropriate level and pace,
- the assessment process is clear with opportunities for self evaluation and reflection,
- children are involved in their own target setting,
- the classroom is organised appropriately and is equipped with high quality resources.
- experiences beyond the school take place such as educational visits, and visitors are invited into school
We believe that TEACHING is most effective when:
- teachers have high expectations of all children in their care,
- individual abilities and previous levels of attainment are recognised and built upon,
- communication with children, parents and colleagues is effective and all are treated with respect,
- planning is thorough and effective,
- assessment is used to inform future planning,
- a variety of teaching styles and strategies are employed and used appropriately,
- Teaching Assistants are involved in planning and assessment and are deployed effectively throughout the school,
- teachers have the opportunity to develop professionally within a culture of monitoring, mutual support and challenge.